Thursday, December 15, 2011

Multitasking Mama....Pump-errific!

OMG, I've turned into the lady in the picture I've made fun of numerous times that advertises the hands-free pumping bra who looks like she's having the time of her life, haha!!  You know, where the lady is pumping and typing on her laptop at the same time??  (See picture below)  That's me at this very moment!  Well, minus that ridiculously flat stomach - super annoying, haha.  Currently my ten month old is having a ball playing in her play yard while I'm pumping.  Sometimes I stay in the room with her during this time (I only leave her when I'm confident she's in the mood to play independently) but right now she's laughing, squealing, and having a blast!  So, off to my bedroom I go to pump and blog all at the same time, hehe! 


I do NOT get paid by Medela (or anyone else for that matter, haha) but I have to say that if it weren't for this genius invention I never would have made it this far into exclusively pumping.  I nursed and pumped since my daughter was born and then she turned four months old and literally weaned herself - cold turkey!  We had one last, beautiful and amazing nursing session (perfect latch, full feed, fell asleep in my arms afterwards) and after that never wanted to nurse again.  Since I wanted her to continue to have breast milk I decided I'd commit myself to exclusively pump and here I am months later.  It's been difficult at times but completely worth it.  Anyone who tells you breastfeeding/pumping is easy (at least in the beginning) is either lying, in denial, suffering from amnesia, or is a freak of nature, haha!  Of course it gets easier, but it's not what some people try to make it out to be, let's get real.  But like I said, it's completely worth it.  

Anyway, if you're looking for a pump that will make it as easy as it can possibly get, you won't regret purchasing (or renting) the Medela Freestyle.  But don't forget to buy the hands-free pumping Bra because it's a MUST!!  The attachments that are included with your pump that hook to your nursing bra are impossible to figure out and don't work as well so shell out the extra $35 - it's worth it's weight in gold and then some!   You can get the bra online or at Babies R Us (I'm sure other places sell it, too, but that's where I've seen it) and it comes as a strapless or a halter - I didn't believe the strapless would work but as long as you have the right size that's tight enough it works perfectly.  A few different companies make similar versions of the bra but here's the link if you want to check out the Medela Easy Expression ™ Bustier .  

I suggest you buy the pump at Babies R Us ONLY when they are on sale or they offer a good coupon for it because it's the most expensive pump and you want to save as much money as you can.  Also, I have nothing but great things to say about the customer service at Medela - they will gladly replace your pump at no cost to you (they send you a prepaid shipping label and you can use the box they used to send you a new one) and it usually arrives at your door within a day or two which limits your down time.  If you want to read more about the pump just click here.

I just finished pumping so off I go to play with my little princess!  In a few hours my pump and I will meet again, haha.  Happy pumping to you!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment